Yaoi Movie

Monday, June 9, 2014

Yaoi translation Good or bad experience?

yaoi

Yaoi translation:Good or bad experience?


Nov 19, 2007


Hello all, my first post here so please direct me somewhere else if I'm asking this in the wrong area


I've been studying Japanese at the university level for about 4 years, completed a summer program from Kyoto Koka university, and will be graduating with a BA in History (specifically Canadian and Asian history) next month.


I recently started "volunteer" translating for an online "scanlation" group since I thought it would not only improve my Japanese reading and Japanese>English translation skills, but also because I was hoping it would give me some practice/experience for pursuing a translation job in a few years time. I've also really enjoyed this work so far, it's fun and challenging at the same time.


ONE ISSUE: The group I've been translating for specializes in Japanese Yaoi manga. I was wondering; is this kind of experience something that would work to my benefit or not in the future? Would flaunting this kind of work on a resume or profile help me since it IS quite challenging translation despite the unconventional content, or would it actually hurt me simply because the content of these translations is not mainstream and some might think of it as offensive. This is my main question, should I include this "volunteer" experience on a resume someday, or should I simply keep it private as a means of language/translation practice?


Any comments or suggestions are VERY welcome (and again, first post, so be gentle if I made a mistake posting this here or if something like this has already been posted).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Guys - Hot House maskurbate

Popular Yaoi Posts