Yaoi Movie

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I believe Yaoi is more mainstream than Yuri

I believe Yaoi is more mainstream than Yuri.


As girl okatu are mostly Fujoshi and Male otaku are mostly into lolis.


Thats how I view things anyways. (And basing it on magazines. there are more Yaoi manga serializations than Yuri ones.)


This is coming from someone when bored goes into #lilicious and download yuri manga there LOL. I think I've read at least 80% of the manga they scanlate lol.


I've only watched 3 shounen-ai/Yaoi series. Saiyuki, Yami No Matsue, Loveless. (If you consider xxxholic and Tsubasa as shounen-ai, then add that too.)


Now for your questions:


Just wondering which you guys prefer and why?


Yuri I suppose. I actually prefer yuri than most romance themed manga/anime as Yuri has more of an "equal" relationship between couples. I don't know if shounen-ai romance manga are like this(pure romance with no action) though.


Well I think Ultenth summarized it nicely on the Girl Friends (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=70992) thread.


man

I agree, as discussed in another thread, I prefer them because generally speaking most (but not all) of the relationships seem to be more equal, and less possessive. There also usually isn't all the shallow oogling like in shonen romances, nor the near-rape scenes by the studley slutty male lead like in most shoujo stuff. Overall it seems to be more romantic and I guess "pure" in my eyes because they usually fall in love for personalities and not looks as well, and tend to just take better care of each other. Sometimes I wish I was a hot lesbian chick too, LOL!


Is it true that guys like yuri and girls like yaoi more?


Yes. I know a lot of yaoi fangirls and they are scary.


edit:


Yes this should be transfered to the General Anime section @__@

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Guys - Hot House maskurbate

Popular Yaoi Posts